Transfer Admissions

We are excited you are considering transferring to Norwich University!

Transfer students are an important part of the Norwich University campus community, and we look forward to serving your academic and transfer-related needs.

Will my credits transfer?

Use Norwich’s list in the Transfer Evaluation System (TES) to see which of your courses were previously approved for credit at Norwich.  

  1. Select your prior college or university and the courses you took. 
  2. If we have already evaluated that course, you will see the equivalent at Norwich.
  3. If you don’t see your previous university or course(s) listed, create an account on Transferology to get a personalized transfer credit report. 

Questions? Contact your admissions counselor for more information.

Take the virtual tour to get a glimpse of the historic beauty on Norwich's campus.Launch Experience 

Transfer Admissions Steps & Resources

  • No Credits Earned Yet:
    • Final High School Transcript/Equivalent
    • Refer to New Student Guidelines & Requirements for additional information.
  • Less than 12 College Credits:
    • Final High School Transcript/Equivalent
    • College Transcript for all previous colleges/universities attended 
  • More than 12 College Credits:
    • College transcript for all previous colleges/universities attended
    • Final High School Transcript/Equivalent (Optional)

Transfer applicants should ideally maintain around a 2.5 GPA at the college level. If you feel your GPA is not a true reflection of your commitment to your education, we welcome supplemental support such as letters of recommendation and a one-page personal essay to support a more holistic view of your application.

Applying for Financial Aid

  1. File Your Financial Aid Application: 
    FAFSA(Norwich Code 003692)
  2. Receive your comprehensive financial aid award package.

Nursing Recommendation Letter

Students transferring from a nursing program into Norwich’s nursing program must provide a letter of recommendation from their academic dean or chairperson confirming they are in good academic standing.

Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABN)

Complete your Nursing degree in 18 months.

Do you hold an associate’s or bachelor's degree and are looking to return to school to earn a Bachelor of Science in nursing? Or perhaps you realized late that nursing was your passion? This accelerated track could be a fit for you. Complete a nursing degree in a year and a half and join the ranks of proud Norwich alumni.


Students part of an Early Commissioning Program with a conferred degree, are guaranteed to complete their bachelor’s degree in two years at Norwich. A conferred degree automatically meets all general education requirements.

The Vermont National Guard is posted on campus, making easy access for students transferring to a new unit. If you have questions about the process, contact the VTANG office and our AROTC recruiter.



Apply Now

Students applying for admission may choose between the using the university's in-house form or the national Common Application.